Sunday, November 14, 2010

Titian Exhibit

I went to the High museum to look at the Titian paintings that were currently displayed and I was more consciously aware of the display of the set up of the paintings. I noticed that the more grand paintings which dealt with similar themes were grouped together. For example the religious devotional ones were framed in gold and put in an open room which all was hung on separate walls. I believed that was because if these grand paintings were all on a different wall, it just put more emphasis on the individual painting. This showed the importance of these paintings where they were placed. Also all of the Diana paintings were put on its own wall on the top floor where natural light is. I felt like that particular placement strengthened how valuable the paintings were. The smaller paintings in the front shared wall space but I felt like that took away from the importance placed on each painting. Also what I noticed which I thought was interesting was that the walls in the Titian exhibit was red and not white like the ones in the contemporary section. I thought that since the paintings were hung that the red color nicely contrasted with the gold frame of the titian paintings and drew them out more to the audience to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment